BeachLife is hosting a Toy Drive for St. Jude, that is ALSO a Battle of the Bands! Kids bands can compete for a slot to play at this year’s BeachLife Festival in May! Bands can post a video of their band playing a song to social media and tag BeachLife Festival. From all the submissions, our panel of judges will review the entries and select 3-5 finalists, who will then play at our Final Battle Event on December 15 at Rock N Brews Redondo Beach from 6pm-8pm!
Everyone is welcome to come join the Final Battle Event at Rock N Brews Redondo Beach, and admission to the event is one new, unwrapped toy that will be donated to our friends at St. Jude in collaboration with our Toy Drive!
Bands at the Final Battle will play one original song and one cover that will be judged on stage presence, performance, fan reaction & attendance, and originality.
The winner of the final battle will play the opening slot on the Riptide Stage at the BeachLife Festival in May!
How to Enter the Battle of the Bands:
• Post a video recording of your entire band playing a song (see song criteria below) on social media (YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok or Facebook) and tag BeachLife Festival. Please be sure that your post is set to PUBLIC or our judges will not be able to see it and your entry may not be considered
• Copy the URL link to the performance and email it to email@example.com
• Our panel of judges will review all entries and select 3-5 finalists.
• Band members must all be 18 or under on December 15, 2022.
• Band members must all be amateur level musicians – no pros, please!
• Contestants must be available to play at our Final Battle Event: December 15, 2022 from 6pm-8pm in Redondo Beach in order to be eligible.
• Entries must be submitted before December 10, 2022.
• Contestants may submit an original or cover of an existing song, but all covers must be identified as covers, and contain the original song title and artist version they are covering.
• Song lyrics must be family friendly. Songs with obscene subject matter, use of profanity or songs of a suggestive nature will not be considered.
• One song submission per band/contestant. Anything posted after the first submission will not be eligible.
At the December 15 final event at Rock n Brews
• Bands will play one original song and one cover, and bands will be limited to a 15 minute set.
• Bands will be judged on: Stage Presence, Performance, Fan Reaction & Attendance, Originality
• Winner of the final battle will play an opening slot on the Riptide Stage at the BeachLife Festival! (date and time subject to change)
You can find additional Toy Drive boxes at:
Good Stuff Redondo Beach (1617 S Pacific Coast Hwy #102, Redondo Beach, CA 90277)
Good Stuff Hermosa Beach (1286 The Strand, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254)
Good Stuff El Segundo (131 W Grand Ave Ste. C, El Segundo, CA 90245)
Rockefeller Manhattan Beach (1209 Highland Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266)
Rockefeller Hermosa Beach (418 Pier Ave, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254)
Rockefeller Redondo Beach (1707 S Catalina Ave, Redondo Beach, CA 90277)
The Great Room Cafe (2810 Artesia Blvd, Redondo Beach, CA 90278)
Redondo Beach Police Station (401 Diamond St, Redondo Beach, CA 90277)